Click here or use the link information below to access My1040Data
General Usage Requirements
General Use of My1040Data
- For the security of your tax information, My1040Data automatically requires you to log in again after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Every page in My1040Data is saved when you navigate from one page to the next within My1040Data. You should make sure each page has fully loaded before continuing to enter your tax data.
- When using an Adobe® product that displays PDF files on a Macintosh, your Adobe® Reader® window may display behind the browser window.
More information about using Adobe® Reader® on your Macintosh
System Requirements for My1040Data
- Browser Requirements
- The following browsers are supported by My1040Data.
- Internet Explorer 10.0 or higher. Download Internet Explorer here.
- Safari for Mac. Download Safari for Mac OS X here.
- Google Chrome 10.0 or higher. Download Google Chrome here.
- Browser Settings
- My1040Data requires the following browser settings to allow dynamic programming.
- Cookies must be allowed. Note: IE users must set the Privacy setting to Medium or lower.
- The site is best viewed with browser text size set to Medium, which is usually the default setting.
Learn how to adjust your browser text size.
- Proxy Connection
- If your internet connection requires a proxy server, you need to ensure that your browser settings are set up for both HTTP and secure sites.
Learn how to adjust your proxy settings.
- Monitor Display Settings
- My1040Data and My1040Data Toolkit require a resolution of at least 1024 x768 pixels and are best viewed with system fonts set to Small Fonts.
- Printing Requirements
- Adobe® Reader® must be installed to print or view your My1040Data.
Adobe® Reader® XI is needed to use fillable form on the Worksheets.