Lawrence C. Mahoney, CPA, JD
Officer and Shareholder
Email Loading Email...
“I enjoy tax practice because I can add value for our clients and help them navigate the ever-changing landscape of tax law.”
Mr. Lawrence C. Mahoney has extensive experience in tax and financial planning for highly compensated individuals. Mr. Mahoney also has substantial experience in business taxation and planning with a special interest in tax accounting methods.
- Business income tax compliance and planning
- Individual income tax compliance and planning
- Estate & trust compliance and planning
- IRC Section 704(b) capital account analysis
- Debt Forgiveness and OID calculations
- Tax Advice letters
- Tax research and planning for complex situations
- Tax controversies
- University of St. Thomas, B.A. Business Administration/Accounting
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- Have presented tax and legislative update programs for firm, clients and other professionals
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American and Minnesota Bar Associations – Tax Sections
- St. Paul Finance and Estate Planning
- Past chair of the Federal Tax Committee for the MN Society of CPA’s
- American Cancer Society Board of Directors
- St. John in the Wilderness, Finance Committee, past Treasurer