Michael D. Saarela, CPA
Michael D. Saarela has over twenty years experience in public accounting and is an officer of Mahoney, Ulbrich, Christiansen, Russ P.A. Mike has substantial experience in providing accounting, tax and business consulting services to a variety of closely held businesses as well as providing tax services to individuals. He also provides auditing services with a specialization in non-profits with lawful charitable gambling. Mike's experiences also include working with a variety of trust and estates and preparation of fiduciary estate and gift tax returns.
Mr. Saarela is a graduate of the University of Minnesota, and is an Accredited Retirement Advisor through Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation. He annually attends a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education on taxation for individual, businesses, trusts and estate, accounting, and issues directly affecting lawful charitable gambling.
- Planning and return preparation for individuals and closely held businesses.
- Preparation of lawful charitable gambling audits
- Planning and return preparation for trust and estate fiduciary returns
- Preparation of estate (706) and gift tax returns (709)
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Association of Public Accounting
- Allied Charities
- Treasurer and Board Member for High Tech Kids (non-profit)
- Environmental Management Commissioner for City of Oakdale
- Tree Board Commissioner for City of Oakdale