Marc A. Kotsonas, CPA
Email Loading Email...
“I enjoy working with the diverse range of clients at MUCR and helping nonprofit organizations navigate the complexities of nonprofit accounting.”
Marc Kotsonas is an officer at MUCR. His primary emphasis is managing audits of real estate and nonprofit organizations. He has over seven years experience working with clients in the low income, multi-family real estate and nonprofit industries. Prior to joining MUCR, Marc worked approximately ten years in the banking and marketing industry.
Mr. Kotsonas graduated from the Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Business of Administration degree with a major in Accountancy and Spanish and with a minor in General Business. He annually attends a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education on yellow book audits, accounting and issues directly affecting exempt organizations.
- Audit of nonprofit organizations, cooperatives and real estate entities
- Reviews/compilations of nonprofit organizations
- Preparation of exempt organization returns (990/990T)
- Research issues related to exempt organizations, unrelated business income
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Section
- 2010 Graduate of Leadership Saint Paul
- Nonprofit Financial Group of the Twin Cities
- Editorial board of the Nonprofit Observer newsletter
- Former Board member, Treasurer - Saint Paul Neighborhood Network
- Audit Committee - Mississippi Market Co-op
- Treasurer - Order of AHEPA - Demosthenes Chapter No. 66
- Marc also has volunteered on boards for other nonprofit organizations in the past